This card works with the following Apple Computers when flashed:
MDD FW800/FW400 WARNING: MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS CARD & MDD's, ALTHOUGH MY CARD WORKED OK I CAN NO LONGER RECOMMEND IN FW800 OR FW400
Instructions For Flashing nVidia 6800 GT.
You need to flash this card in a PC
You will need a PCI card in the PC as well with your monitor connected to this so you can see what you are doing.
1. Download the Mac 6800GT rom from strangedogs, here
Use the latest rom right at the bottom of the page, this has been modified to get DVI working.
2. Thank Arti at strangedogs for being a genius & modifying the rom to get DVI functional.
3. Make a windows boot floppy disk.
4. Download the latest version of nvflash from here,
5. Make another floppy disk with the nvflash utility on it & also copy the mac rom onto it.
6. Go into your PC's bios & set your PC to boot from the floppy disk & PCI graphics card.
7. Insert the windows boot disk you made earlier.
7. Place the PCI card and the 6800 GT in your PC.
8. Attach your monitor to the PCI card.
9. Boot your PC with the windows startup disk in the floppy drive & your PC should start to access the floppy & get you to the a:/ prompt.
10. Remove the startup disk & replace with the nvflash utility & mac rom disk.
11. At the a prompt type,
nvflash -4 -5 -6 -j 6800GT 2120m.rom
Don't forget to type a space between nvflash, the numbers and the rom, it must look exactly as above to work.
12. Hit the return key and nvflash should start reprogramming the rom.
13. When finished switch off the computer and remove the card. Put in your mac, (don't forget to connect the auxiliary power connector. If you see the grey Apple logo screen you are good to go.
If you are putting the card in a G4, you need to tape over the pins 3 & 11 on the reverse side of the card to make the card compatible with AGP 4x.
G5 users should not need to do this.
Instructions on how to do this are here,
I accept no responsibility if you damage your card, your computer or are sucked through a black hole..